By: Bill Taylor
Marina Vallarta is a 555 acre, $3 billion US-dollar planned resort community located between the international airport and cruise ship harbor in Puerto Vallarta. The project was developed by Grupo Situr, Mexico's largest resort developer and their partners, Citicorp and Bank of America.
New construction of the marina in marina Vallarta:
The marina in marina Vallarta is to be extensively remodeled by the new owner of the boat slip concessions. Construction started September 2013. The estimated cost of the re-construction is to be between 60-80 million pesos. (Us $4.8 million and us $6.4 million) the improvements include but are not limited to:
- New landscaping
- New metal ramps
- New electric lines
- New water lines
- New dock boxes
- More security
- The floating docks will be made to float evenly
- Entrance way to the docks to be totally rebuilt. Better security.
- Electronic surveillance system
The intent is to spend what it takes to get the marina in marina Vallarta to a classification of “world class”.
The new concession owner and the federal government want to increase the yacht transient traffic and to get new money into marina Vallarta. Boat slips are available for rent or for sale.
Resort, Hotels and Condo-Hotels
Westin Resort and Convention Center: (Formerly the Conrad Hilton) 588 rooms.
Marriott Resort and Convention Center: 500 rooms.
Mayan Palace Resort
Melia Resort: 450 rooms.
Velas Vallarta Condo Resort: 450 Rooms (1000 Bedrooms).
Velas Grand Hotel: (Formerly Bel-Air Hotel) 80 deluxe villas and suites on the Golf Course.
Iguana Hotel: 100 suites overlooking the Marina.
Golf: Marina Vallarta Country Club features an 18-hole, 6,641 yard, Par 71 golf course that was designed by Joe Finger of Atlanta, GA, and opened in July of 1989.This course has a layout designed to test the golfer's skill with 11 of the 18 holes having water obstacles. For 24 years now, the largest Pro-Am in Mexico is played at Marina Vallarta, with over 260 on the golf course in early December of each year.
Marina: The Marina has 360 boat slips ranging in size from 31' to 140'. These are concrete, floating slips with electricty, water, satellite television hook ups and complete service facilities. An additional 200 boat slips come with Marina Villas.
Shopping: The Plaza Marina Mall is a 250,000 sq. ft. enclosed, air-conditioned, regional mall with 210 shops, several national tenants, 100 offices, 230 residential condominiums above the mall and 2 swimming pools on the roof. Inside you'll find:
- McDonalds, 5 banks. Bancomer, HSBC, Scotia, Actinver, Lloyds.
- Commercial Mexicana grocery store, offering a complete range of shopping from food to televisions. 75,000 sq. ft.
Marina Vallarta, a 555 acre Planned Resort Community
No where in the world can you find all these in a 2 square mile area.
- One mile of beach front hotels and high rise condos
- A marina with 360 yachts with condos and commercial places all around it
- World class boat yard
- A cruise ship harbor that can accomodate 3-985 foot cruise ships at the same time
- American school prek-12
- Galleria mall is world class. 88 stores plus a movie complex with 10 screens
- 18 Hole champions golf course
- 2 Hospital's built to USA hospital standards
- International airport
- 5 Banks: Bancomer, HSBC, Scotia, Actinver, Lloyds.
- 169 Water front town homes with boat slips. (Punta Iguana, Puerto and Isla Iguana)
- 33 Beach front homes
- A service station
- Navy base and army base
- Home depot
- Carl's Juniors
- 14 Massage spas. 1hr only US$ 17.00
With all this uniqueness Marina Vallarta is "The" place to be in Mexico.
Currently real estate price are reasonable. in a very few years I will not be able to say that.
For more information: on Marina properties for sale is available through Bill Taylor Real Estate.